- 240 Lacaune dairy sheep
- 2 breeding rams
- ca. 60 upbringing animals (also males)
- 50 lambs
- 100 laying hens
own land: 26,5 ha
leasehold: 4,5 ha
forest: 11 ha
- 1/4 flat, slightly sloped (<18% gradient)
- 1/2 hillside (18-35%)
- 1/4 steep slopes (>35%)
Type of production:IP (integrierte Produktion)
- The familiy Hofstetter moves in the Entlebuch and has farmed on the farm Widmen obove the village since then.
- Peter and Heidi Hofstetter take over the farm from Oncle Franz Hofstetter.
- The farm's main branch is changed from bull fattening to milk production (dairy cows).
- Beside that the pig fattening division was enlarged and new some laying hens were hold.
- Not enough milk quota: searching for other branches of farming. Temporarely keeping of Scottish Highland Cattles and herbs cultivation (Ricola)
- Peter travels to South France to get an idea of dairy sheep breeding.
- Import of 60 Lacaune dairy sheep. The around 200 years old barn needed a corresponding reconstruction. The sheep's milk is delivered to Refa (Emmi), the cow's milk still to the cheese dairy in the village.
- Heidi and Peter Hofstetter as well as Werner Lötscher found the company Emscha GmbH.
- One farm building, is reconstructed into a dairy.
- The Emscha starts operations. ( History of the Emscha GmbH )
- The dairy cows were sold and the barn was again slightly reconstructed. Now there is enough place for 240 mother sheep.
- Open day
- 2nd Open day
- The pig fattening is given up completely, the upbringing of lambs is expanded.
- Installation of the solar heaters
- A new farm house is finished. The family moves from the over 160 years old hous into the new (and good isolated) home. The house is a timber sectional construction in Minergie standard.